A Virtual Celebration

A "home port" for the adventure of blogging our way through Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline - both as a first-time read through, and then as practicing the disciplines in my own undisciplined life.

Friday, September 30, 2005

An exercise in rigorous honesty...

Make sure you check out Erin's post over at Biscotti Brain. She obviously has been reading my mail - because she spoke much of what I also struggle with, but just haven't had time to pour out in print. Thanks, Erin, for that piece of rigorous honesty.

3 Comments:

  • At October 03, 2005 8:52 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    The thanks goes to you. This is a life-changing experience that I am soooooo grateful for.

     
  • At October 05, 2005 9:52 AM, Blogger steve d said…

    Glad I found your blog. I read Celebration of Discipline last year and found it incredibly helpful in my personal walk with God.

    I've yet to go back through the posts, but I'm excited to do so.

    By the way...I'm in Chicago as well and you can come to our little meadow anytime. Loop Church at 29th and Wabash.

     
  • At February 10, 2006 7:39 AM, Blogger Mission Musings said…

    I'm a director of a rescue mission and was researching rigorous honesty. This recent blog post popped up and I'm so glad!

    I referred it to our LifeChange Program Director, who is currently teaching our residents through the disciplines using Foster's material.

    I believe we are to practise the disciplines, not as an end to themselves, but to edify the body by making OUR bodies more fit for service, and of course, to bring us closer to the heart of Jesus.

    Jesus lived the perfect life of discipline. He let nothing get in His way of living His earthly life to bring glory to the Father. I want my life to be a reflection of his example.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home